This industrial metrology practicum is made to support the theory that has been/is being given in the Industrial Metrology and Quality Control courses.
The main objectives of this practicum are:
- To recognize measuring instruments, to know how to use them and to know the capabilities and properties of these measuring instruments.
- To find out for each geometric element there are various measurement methods depending on the type of measuring instrument available.
- To become acquainted with the measurement process and the possible results it can achieve.
- The meaning of accuracy and precision of the measurement process which includes measuring instruments, measuring objects, and operators will be better understood by carrying out this practicum.
- To find out how to properly treat measuring instruments (which of course are expensive), so that they will last longer if they are properly maintained and calibrated properly.