The vision and mission of the Mechanical Engineering Department are derived from the vision and mission of the Faculty of Industrial Technology and Trisakti University which is the parent of the Mechanical Engineering Department.
To become a reliable Engineering Department, with international standards in developing and applying environmentally friendly science and mechanical engineering to improve the quality of life and civilization.
- Organizing international standard higher education in the field of environmentally friendly mechanical engineering.
- Prepare graduates who are knowledgeable, virtuous in accordance with Trisakti Trikrama, and have an entrepreneurial spirit based on mechanical engineering.
- Develop research and community service that encourage the improvement of lecturer performance and the quality of life of the community.
- Improving the competence of reliable, virtuous human resources in accordance with the Trisakti Trikrama, and conducting scientific publications with international standards
- Improving the welfare and comfort of all students, lecturers, and education staff.
The formulation of the Vision and Mission mentioned above, then translated into the operational objectives of the Mechanical Engineering Department as follows:
- To become a reliable department of international standards in the development and application of environmentally friendly science and mechanical engineering.
- Produce competent graduates in the field of mechanical engineering who are virtuous in accordance with Trisakti Trikrama and have a technology-based entrepreneurial spirit.
- Produce research works, especially those based on appropriate technology to improve the quality of people’s lives.
- Produce community service activities that are recognized at the national level to improve the quality of people’s lives.
- Improve discipline and competency development of human resources, both at the level of education and level of expertise.
- Increasing the carrying capacity of facilities and infrastructure as well as the utilization of cooperation networks with all stakeholders.
- Maintaining accreditation A standard BAN-PT and towards AUN-QA criteria.
- Implementation of the 5 pillars in good institutional governance.
- The number of Trisakti University Mechanical Engineering students involved in the Tridharma cooperation program is 1% of the total population.
- Increasing the achievement of graduates with a minimum achievement index of 3.25; 60% graduate on time;, can be absorbed by industry or start an independent business within a maximum of 6 months after graduation.
- Improving the quality of lecturers and education staff to become professional and achievers (70% certified lecturers; 50% doctoral title; tiered academic positions of Lector Head and Professor 30%, while education personnel with D-III education are 10% and 15% are certified competence).
- Improvement of research and PKM performance (publication of scientific papers in national journals or international journals 1 scientific work per lecturer per year; minimum research budget absorption of Rp. 5,000,000.00 per lecturer per year; minimum absorption of PKM budget of Rp. 2,000,000.00 per lecturer per year.
- Improving the quality of academic and non-academic facilities and infrastructure (available, complete, adequate, and reliable, according to standards) and a more conducive academic atmosphere.
The graduate competencies produced by the Mechanical Engineering Department are graduates with general Mechanical Engineering competencies (generalists) but to focus on research and making final assignments, starting in semester 7 students are required to choose one of 4 study/concentration interest groups.